Thursday 2 July 2015

Golden acre, embarrassing myself at the gym and sweating

Hey guys! We are well into my second week of my summer holidays already and I have completed on of my goals, I have finally joined a gym! I'll talk more on that later! First of all, my week did not get off to a great start, I was sick and spent the whole of Monday in bed feeling sorry for myself, missing out on all the great weather. Luckily the next day I felt a little better and unable to contain myself, I woke up and did some baking! I have recently been loving making things from a cookbook called deliciously Ella, who does loads of vegan gluten free recipes! Although I am not vegan, I do still love them and as part of my getting healthy goal, I have been making lots of recipes as they are so good for you! I then went into town to meet my boyfriend and help him do his summer shopping! After this, we went to collect his car from his house and them drove down to Golden Acre. This is a park near my house and is such a lovely day out if you wanted recommendations. There is a pretty little walled garden and so much space for games and picnics, there are also many ducks which you can feed! It was so incredibly hot too.



On Wednesday I went to the Gym for the first time. I was feeling quite self conscious to say the least as it was the first time I had been to a gym and I am by no means a fit person! I was with my friend Sean which was nice and we decided to start together. I also had like no idea what to wear and ended up dithering in sports direct for half an hour deciding on what to buy to wear as bottoms as it was too hot to wear my tight running bottoms. I finally decided on a pair of shorts which cost so much more than I would have liked! Anyway I got there and met my friend and then went in to change and realised I had forgotten a towel to shower which was a bit of a bummer. Then I couldn't get out of the changing rooms and had to pretend like I knew what i was doing (sooo obvious I didn't the woman gave me such a strange look) and waited for her press the green button to let us out (which I had not seen.) By the time I did get out it was later than I hoped and I ended up not having much time as I needed to get back and shower before I saw by boyfriend. Unfortunately traffic was so slow, I ended up not being able to see him before his gig meaning I didn't actually need to see him until 7 meaning I could have spent a lot longer at the gym. The entire day was basically a train crash!

That evening my boyfriend was playing at Warf Chambers in Leeds, and had three other bands as supporting acts before they came on. It was a good night if not a lil sweaty! Being in a small downstairs room with lots of other hot people is not great! I did have a good night however and saw a few people I had not seen for a while!
Lots of Love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment