Monday 20 July 2015

Mum and Dad's 25th wedding anniversary weekend

Hey guys! This weekend was quite exciting as it was my parents 25th wedding anniversary party. My parents hired out the everyman cinema in Leeds, which is one of those cinema's with comfy chairs in. Saturday morning, I woke up and cooked some food for the family dinner we were having on Sunday. I made a black rice salad, which is black rice and some roasted pine nuts and I made a beatroot chocolate cake.
When my parents and sister returned, we went and checked into the Hilton Hotel, where we met upwith my aunty and uncle and cousins who were also staying there. As went upstairs to see our rooms, myself and my sister were sharing a room together.



It was then time to get ready! Me and Heather were the last two to get ready and we hurried to the executive lounge where we were meeting. After we had had a drink, we went to the everyman cinema which was just opposite the hotel. Gradually people arrived and it was lovely seeing people I had not seen for a while there! Lots of friends and family came. There was also a little balcony which was lovely!


We were also greeted by free glasses of preseco! When people had arrived, we watched the film. We watched "a shot in the dark" which is very funny. We took an interval were we ate some little canape's which were delicious! They had these fantastic little yorkshire puddings which I loved.
We then watched the second half of the film. alongside some surprise popcorn!
We then milled around while people drifted off, until there were a few of us left on the balcony enjoying some (maybe more than some) drinks. We then (slightly stumbeling) walked back to the hotel.

The next morning, we had breakfast in the hotel. I had four pastries and a yoghurt. I was so tired! We had opened all the presents my parents recived in their hotel room the night before, and had not slept untill 3 in the morning. We were up at an ungodly time of half eight with slight hangovers.
My cousins left and went home but my aunty and uncle came round. As did another aunty and uncle and my grandad and his friend and two of my mums friends. We then enjoyed a lovely lunch at my house consisting of things I and my mum and prepared the day before. Gradually they went home and my boyfriend came around later on and we watched the following film to the one we watched at the cinema!

I hope you enjoyed this!
Lots of love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment