Saturday 8 August 2015

Stratford

Hey guys! This is the second part of my holiday about my time in Stratford! I hope you enjoy.

Monday:
After the drive from Cardiff to Stratford we unloaded into our new hotel. It had a lovely setting right on the river. The novelty about this hotel is that its twin hotel opposite had a swimming pool which we could use. Me and my sister were itching to get into the pool and after a nice quick swim and a trip into the steam room, we went to get something to eat and settled on Cafe Rouge. We then went back to the hotel.

Tuesday:
In the morning, we got up and went for a delicious breakfast in Carliccios. I had porridge which was so nice.

 We then went on a boat ride across the river which was a little cold as the weather could not make its mind up!
We then took a trip to Shakespeare's grave which was interesting to see.
After, we went back to the hotel to get ready for the thing we had been waiting for, to see Othello! I have never studied it in school and had next to no clue about what it was about. But like all Shakespeare plays I find myself easily picking up what is happening and enjoying it! I have seen a few of his plays now and read more, and I am looking forward to the next time I am able to see one.

Wednesday:
For our last full day in Stratford we visited Anne Hathaway's house which was a little walk out of Stratford to get to it. It was a beautiful day however so I did not mind, plus the gardens were fantastic.

We then headed back for a swim and then to have dinner!

Thursday:
On Thursday morning, we packed our bags sadly as we were leaving. We had one last wander around the shops and picked up bits and pieces we wanted. We had our lunch in a lovely tea-shop we had discovered and I had a smoked salmon salad with a teapot of mango and strawberry tea. ( in the picture it is the ham salad I had a few days before at the same place! That time though I had Cinnamon and Cherry tea which was just as delicious)

After lunch, we headed back home!

I hope you enjoyed the second part of my holiday!
Lots of Love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment