Thursday 6 August 2015

Cardiff

Hey guys! This is the first part of my holiday, I went to Cardiff for four days and then to Stratford and this post is about my time in Cardiff. Hope you enjoy!

Thursday:
We arrived in Cardiff after a five hour journey and after a short nap ( not me for once) we went exploring and looking for some dinner. I noticed the quirky buildings and it was only a short walk from our hostel to the centre. We decided to eat in a restaurant called "Las Iganas" which was a Latin restaurant. I had a salad and sorbet and i would really recommend it!

Friday:
We awoke and ate breakfast in the hostel and then it was up and out to Cardiff Bay and the dr who experience. I adore dr who, and we got to have our own little adventure at the start, running from Darleks and whatnot! We also got to see lots of sets and costumes. I am still waiting to become Dr who companion...








We then had a wander around the bay which was very pretty. We walked past the famous millennium building which was fantastic

There was also a large fair which was lots of fun!me and heather decided to go on the carousel and the pirate fun house.

We then went to get a late lunch/ early tea  in a pie shop, called "Pieminister" and the goats cheese spinach and sweet potato pie I had was delicious! After we continued to walk up and around the Bay before heading home

Saturday:
The weather was not as pleasant as it had been and so after breakfast we wandered around the shops. We slowly made our way to the natural history museum which was very interesting!


We then wandered to the Castle gardens were there was a parade on. We had lunch there and continued to walk around. After this, we did a bit more shopping. I bought two pairs of earrings and a nail polish! Then we went back to the youth hostel and read our books! ( i was reading the Moonstone by Wilkie Collins)

Sunday:
On our last full day here, we travelled fifty minuets to Clifton in Bristol. The weather was beautiful and hot and we walked around looking at all the beautiful shops. Myself and my mum, walked across the famous suspension bridge.



We continued to enjoy the sunshine before heading back to the hostel.

Monday Morning:
On our last Morning of our visit to Cardiff, we went to St Fagans outdoor museum, which is a bit like Beamish if you have ever been there. There were buildings set out to look like they would have back in time and a farm. Additionally there was a fair going on with old games and a large organ.




Hope you enjoyed hearing about my time in Cardiff! I will upload the second part of my holiday of my time in Stratford soon!
Lots of Love
Eleanor x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! Do u want to support each other, by following each others blog?

    ReplyDelete